Thanks for stopping by! I’m Natalie: wife, mother, dilettante. Send notes my way at flipandglibATgmailDOTcom.
likes: sugar, books, time to myself, Coke (not diet), seaweed salad.
peeves: people who take themselves too seriously, mosquitoes, badly proofed books that still made it to the publisher, whining.
I’ve just realized that I myself like to read a really in-depth About page when I’m first visiting a blog, so I’ll try that 100 Facts format, only we’ll just start with 20 30, ok? Maybe to be added to at a later date or when I can remember more details about myself.
1. I have a really unhealthy addiction to sugar. I’m currently trying to kick the habit but it’s haaarrrddd.
2. I took piano for thirteen years. I really wish I had one in the house so I could try to get back some of my old skills.
3. I moved to New York City three weeks before 9/11. I remember every tiny detail of that day.
4. I majored in French in college.
5. It actually came in handy at my last job. Shockingly.
6. I have two daughters. I love having daughters. And get mildly insulted when asked if we’re trying again so we can have a boy. (Rude.)
7. I’m not a very patient person.
8. I have a Purse Problem. (Love them. Not wisely but too well.)
9. I’m a Mac convert. The computer, not the makeup.
10. I adore Scrubs and will watch it even if I’ve seen the episode 20 times.
11. Girl crushes: Jennifer Garner. Kate Winslet. Kristen Wiig.
12. I get Martha Stewart Living and Vogue, and I mourn the loss of Domino.
13. I am a recent runner.
14. I attempt crafty.
15. I have never been to San Francisco and I really want to visit.
16. I read really quickly.
17. A pet peeve is when people confuse “less” and “fewer.”
18. I have a dog and two cats.
19. Those air freshener commercials with the talking octopus (who is maybe Scottish?) make me insane.
20. I can recite “When Harry Met Sally” from memory. “Someone is staring at you in Personal Growth.”
21. I’m sad to admit that I’m a loud phone talker. (So ashamed.)
22. I have never owned an automatic car.
23. I’m originally from New Orleans and I miss it every day.
24. I don’t really like beer.
25. The best name I have ever heard of someone naming a child is “Rolexus.” I hope it’s an urban legend but I’m scared it’s not.
26. I’m really terrible at guesstimating amounts when cooking. I ALWAYS make way too much pasta.
27. I have no concept of distance, visually; if you ask me to point at something that’s five feet away I may point to something that’s twenty feet away.
28. Despite the above fact, I’m an excellent parallel-parker.
29. Natalie is a family name. Both of my daughters have family names as well. I like that.
30. My camera is one of my favorite possessions.